2014年1月5日日曜日

under the weather


If you feel 'under the weather' it means you're not feeling very well.

Sarah's just phoned. She's feeling a bit under the weather so won't be coming into work.

under the weather
〈話〉体の具合がよくない、二日酔いで

He is under the weather today and will not report to work. 
 彼は今日は体調が悪いので、仕事に行かないだろう。

You look under the weather. 
 あなた具合が悪そうよ。

I'm a bit under the weather. 
ちょっと具合が悪い。

I've been under the weather.
ずっと体調が悪くてね。

I'm a little under the weather.
ちょっと体の具合がよくない。

I'm feeling a bit under the weather.
ちょっと体の具合が良くない。

I'm feeling a little under the weather, so I don't think I should go camping this weekend.
私、少し気分が悪いから、今週末のキヤンプには行かない方がいいと思います。

She said you had been under the weather.
あなたは体調が優れないと彼女が言っていました。

 Do you know someone who is always full of beans?

 Can you remember a time you needed to recharge your batteries?

 When was the last time you felt under the weather?

 I'm sure if you take a few days off to  recharge your batteries you'll come back feeling much better.

I seem to spend most of the winter months feeling  under the weather.

The minute they wake up in the morning our two children are full of  beans . I don't know where they get their energy!

0 件のコメント: